Botox Therapy Do’s and Don’ts – What to do Before, During, and After
You are paging through your latest photos, you take a closer look and something crosses your mind. Around your happy smiling eyes, you notice the first fine lines of crow’s feet. There are plenty of options to treat the first signs of aging. Botox therapy is one of the most common treatment modalities.
Chances are that you have already heard of Botox. Probably you’ve heard about forever young looking celebs who rely on Botox injections or Botox victims who have got frozen or expressionless faces because of overuse or misuse of the treatment. But once you consider Botox for yourself you’d better have a deeper understanding of the subject.
Botox is a neurotoxin that is produced from bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It’s a powerful toxin which is used both medically and cosmetically. And if used professionally it can give magical results. Botox is used to smoothen and relax skin giving you a more youthful look. While injected under facial muscles it blocks the nerve impulses that cause wrinkles. By paralyzing the activity of muscles, Botox temporarily smoothens the wrinkles. Unlike the facial fillers, Botox is not designed to plump facial tissues.
Before getting Botox there are some facts you should know:
- Botox is the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatment and there are many clinics that offer this service. The first thing you should do is to search for the ideal place. It is better to avoid Botox parties or beauty salons. The right thing is to get injected in a medical office where the side effects can be treated as well. At RMS Boca Raton, we offer a comprehensive Botox therapy program which is being carried out by board-certified medical professionals.
- The results of Botox therapy highly depends on the experience of the medical professionals.
- Botox is a continuing process. Before getting Botox, you should know that the gained results will be temporary and you’ll have to reapply Botox therapy at least every six months to a year.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding are also considered a reason to postpone Botox injection.
Once you have decided to get Botox therapy, choose a medical office that has experienced staff and medical professionals. The procedure is fast and painless. At RMS of Boca, you will feel comfortable and relaxed.
Some of the after-effects are slightly reddened and blotched skin, head or neck ache. In case of other side effects such as blurred vision, dizziness, nausea, muscle spasms, numbness, droopy eyelids, you should inform your practitioner.
The results of Botox won’t let you wait for long. You’ll notice an improvement in your skin within 24-48 hours after the injection. You’ll admire your glowing smooth face after a month. To make your youthful new look last as long as possible you should follow some simple steps:
- Keep calm not to let your worries get their reflection on your face.
- Limit exposure to the sun. It’s better to avoid its direct rays as much as possible. Use SPF creams, wear hats and glasses to protect the sensitive facial skin.
- Never sleep with makeup on your face. A night of laziness can steal from you a week of your young appearance.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle. Drink a lot of water.
Wrinkles are part of our lives but if you have decided to get rid of them, make sure to contact the right practitioner. At RMS Boca, we are here to offer you the best Botox therapy available.